November 1

Window Or Mirror

HEADS UP THIS BOOK IS SAD!

Today I will be talking about a book called Dear Rosie and telling if it’s a window or a mirror. First we have to know what a window is. A window is something that doesn’t relate to you. A mirror is something that does relate to you. This book is about a girl named Millie and her friends. They are trying to navigate losing a very special person.

So while this girl named Millie is working in her family’s shop, someone comes in and leaves a mysterious book on the counter. When the shop closes she decides to look through it. Then she remembers that this could be someone’s personal information. The next day when she goes to school her and her friends decide to celebrate their past friends birthday. And when she goes home to work at the store that her family owns the notebook is still there so she decides to go through it. When she’s done she finds out that it’s her friend’s old notebook. So the next day she shows it to her friends. They are all determined to find out where it came from and what it means. So that night they follow a map in the notebook and find an abandoned mine. They decide to go back home because it’s a school night. Millie just can’t wait to find out this whole mystery so she sets back off to the mine alone. There she finds something amazing. Inside the mine there is a wall that says ROSIE in bold pink bubble letters. Surely Rosie wrote this before she died. When she goes back to school she takes her friends to this place. They are all sure that Rosie did this. This book is a window for me. First of all I don’t have a friend that died. Second of all, my family does not own a store, but I think this book is very good. 

Posted November 1, 2023 by 30venial in category 6th Grade